We constantly strive to provide the best possible service to you, our customers, clients, members and business partners, while building a long lasting relationship with you. To achieve this type of service level, we occasionally need information about you when you visit our site. This agreement describes the policies, terms and conditions applicable to your use of our services available under the domain www.artquest.com and its general principles.
If you do not agree to be bound by the policies, terms and conditions of this Agreement, please do not use or access our services.
1) Privacy With Your Personal Information
ArtQuest® respects your right to privacy. When you visit ArtQuest®, you may be providing information either on-line or off-line in order to register, place an order for services, advertise or to purchase art. This personal information may include your name, business name, phone number, fax number, email address, postal code, user ids and credit card or banking information that you provide to us.
The following is a brief explanation of how we handle information:
We do not:
• Sell, rent or release any personal information such as names, addresses, contact information, email addresses and preferences of our customers to any company, business, person or firm. Your information is truly held in the strictest confidence. This is one of the ways we provide you with the very best service possible by simply being honorable and keeping the information you provide to us, well simply put, secret from all others. We clearly understand that you and your information is one of our most important assets and we store and process your information on a server located in the United States that is protected by technological security devices.
• Collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us by filling out our forms or somehow provide this information in written or verbal form.
• Maintain utmost confidentiality of all personal information provided to us. We may have to reveal customer information to comply with the law or authorities with whom we are legally required to cooperate. ArtQuest® may disclose information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of law or comply with any legal process served upon ArtQuest® or the site.
• Safeguard all customers information from unauthorized access. Once your information reaches us, it resides on a server that is guarded by an electronic firewall and only authorized ArtQuest® personnel may access database information.
• Collect, maintain and use customer information as necessary to provide personalized products and services to meet your needs. We also honor customer requests to remove their name from our mailing list by making it easy to sign in to your Member Account to simply edit the information.
2) Identity Verification
We also use many techniques to verify the accuracy of the information our members provide to us when they register at ArtQuest®. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, ArtQuest® cannot and does not confirm each user's purported identity. Our services are available to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you can use this service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. Further, your ArtQuest® account and User ID may not be transferred or sold to another party. If you are registering as a business entity, you are representing that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement.
Registered User Information and/or Company Profile
By registering as a Member at ArtQuest®, any information you provide to us in our Member Form is held strictly confidential unless you deem otherwise by adding advertisements, links, or listing art where you choose to have your contact information available to the public. We also use the email address provided by you to communicate with you and improve the content of our website, customize the content and/or layout of our site for each individual visitor, and notify you about updates to our website. These quarterly emails are important as they help us keep a clean member database since bouncing email signals us to remove the member information and all that was listed by the member from our database. "Your Information" is defined as any information you provide to us by registering or through any e-mail. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we act only as a passive conduit for the online publication of Your Information.
Your Information and your activities on the site shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading. Your information must not infringe upon any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; violate any law, statute, ordinance or; be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; be obscene or contain child pornography or seem harmful to minors; contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, and the like, or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; create liability for us or cause us to lose, in whole or in part, the services of our ISP or other suppliers; link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that are prohibited under this agreement. Much of the information on our site is updated on a real time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to us by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the site for any purpose without our express written permission.
Additionally, you agree that you will not take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except for Your Information) from the site without the prior expressed written permission of ArtQuest®; interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our site or any activities conducted on it.
4) Security and Transactions
ArtQuest® uses industry standard secure server software. Should you provide us with sensitive information for any reason, such as a credit card number, that information will be encrypted with industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers.
5) Statistics Collected From Your Visit To ArtQuest
As you browse the site, ArtQuest® collects information about your visit (not about you personally) via web server logs. This is used to monitor statistics such as:
• How many people visit
• Which pages people visit
• The length of a visit to our service
• Domains from which people visit our site
• Domains to which people exit our site
• States from which people visit
• Countries from which people visit
• Types of browser's people use to visit
• And information such as the above that helps maintain statistics so that we can follow trends and usage to determine peak periods.
As we gather this information, please understand that none of it is associated with you as an individual. We use these statistics to improve our Web site, monitor performance, and to make it easier for you and other visitors to use.
6) Links to Other Sites
As a visitor to ArtQuest, you may be directed to other sites outside the ArtQuest® service through our Links Library and through links that members submit for your use. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. ArtQuest® is not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites.
7) No Warranty
WE PROVIDE OUR WEB SITE AND SERVICES "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some countries do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from country to country.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) any affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
9) Legal Compliance
You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our services.
10) No Agency
You and ArtQuest® are simply independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this agreement.
11) Breach of this Agreement
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit your activity, issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if:
• you breach this agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference;
• we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us;
• we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users and members or ArtQuest®.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices shall be given by postal mail to ArtQuest, Inc., PO Box 27, Hawk Point, MO 63349 or in your case, to the email address you provide to us during the registration process. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after the e-mail is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the e-mail address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you notice by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to the address provided to us during the registration process. In such case, notice shall be deemed given 3 days after the date of mailing.
13) Resolution of Disputes
In the event a dispute arises between you and ArtQuest®, our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Accordingly, you and ArtQuest® agree that any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of this agreement or our services shall be resolved in writing by the parties. Before resorting to alternatives, we encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution and we will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation, as an alternative to litigation.
We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services, and operation of our site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control, including storms in our area. If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. You agree that this agreement may be automatically assigned by ArtQuest® in our sole discretion. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of each section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
Disputes between you and ArtQuest® regarding our services may be reported by sending us a message via our contact us form.
ArtQuest® will always value your privacy. Your information will be protected as described unless specified on our web site. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with this policy but will not be liable to you for any failure to do so. If you believe we are not following our stated policies and terms and conditions, please contact us.
Copyright © 1996-2019 ArtQuest®, Inc. / ArtQuest® is a Registered Trademark